Old 02-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Bob Peterson

Default Feature Request: gfs_fsck has a yes to all response.

----- "Stewart Walters" <spods@iinet.net.au> wrote:
| I've just had a GFS volume massively corrupt itself.
(snip)
| Is there any way for the user to say "Yes to all"?
|
| At least if the default choice was "Yes" when the Enter key was
| pressed, the user
| could hold down the Enter key until the entire list of blocks had been
| fixed.
|
| Regards,
|
| Stewart

Hi Stewart,

You should be able to do: gfs_fsck -y /dev/your/device and it will
answer 'y' to all the questions. This is similar to other fscks.
You can also use -n to answer 'no' to all questions.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS

Old 02-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Bob Peterson

----- "Stewart Walters" <spods@iinet.net.au> wrote:
| Thanks Bob, but I was sort of hoping for an option of doing "yes to
| all" once
| you've already started the fsck. I'm not exactly sure if there is any
| fallout to
| stopping gfs_fsck part way through it's repair operations on a broken
| GFS volume.
|
| Not to worry - Does anyone know what's going on with that weird 'Fix
| bitmap for
| block' number continually changing when you press the Enter key?
|
| I suppose this is a weird gfs_fsck display quirk when the response is
| not a 'y'
| or a 'n'.
|
| Regards,
|
| Stewart

Hi Stewart,

An "a" (all) answer to the yes/no questions is certainly easy to do.
I've thought about doing it, too, but AFAIK, none of the other fscks
allow this response. I'll ask around and see if anyone objects.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS