Old 12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
David Teigland

Default dlm_controld: add multi-home

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 04:44:20PM +0100, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
>
> >This patch adds multi-home capability to dlm_controld. If a node has
> >more than one address then the DLM will be told about all of them,
> >rather than just the first as at present.
> >
> >It is assumed that sctp will be used as a transport protocol in this
> >case, but dlm_controld does not force this. It might be more appropriate
> >to set this in conga, but I'm not sure.
> >
> >Signed-Off-By: Patrick Caulfield <pcaulfie@redhat.com>
> >

> +#define MAX_NODE_ADDRESSES 4
>
> can we please make these kind of things fully dynamic?
>
> I have 7 ip with 2 interfaces.. leave alone with VIP and other stuff...
> It would be an extra limitation to keep in mind when debugging why
> some connections are working and others are not.

These addresses come from the openais multiring configuration. The jump
from 1 to 2 openais rings is going to be challenging enough, IME. As
Patrick points out, dlm-kernel supports up to 3.

How about this, once someone demonstrates a functional cluster running
just two rings and two sctp paths for the dlm, I'll bump up the kernel
limit.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Joel Becker

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 09:59:35AM -0600, David Teigland wrote:
> These addresses come from the openais multiring configuration. The jump
> from 1 to 2 openais rings is going to be challenging enough, IME. As
> Patrick points out, dlm-kernel supports up to 3.

Whatever happened to "we'll only run one cluster at a time"? :-)

Joel

--

"The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about other
people."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker@oracle.com
Phone: (650) 506-8127

Old 12-10-2007, 07:56 PM
David Teigland

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 12:48:49PM -0800, Joel Becker wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 09:59:35AM -0600, David Teigland wrote:
> > These addresses come from the openais multiring configuration. The jump
> > from 1 to 2 openais rings is going to be challenging enough, IME. As
> > Patrick points out, dlm-kernel supports up to 3.
>
> Whatever happened to "we'll only run one cluster at a time"? :-)

Those are multiple rings among the same nodes for the sake of redundancy
in one cluster; it's some kind of variation of the totem protocol IIRC,
Steve Dake can explain it. It's most definately not for multiple
clusters.

Dave