Old 12-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Patrick Caulfield

Default dlm_controld: add multi-home

This patch adds multi-home capability to dlm_controld. If a node has
more than one address then the DLM will be told about all of them,
rather than just the first as at present.

It is assumed that sctp will be used as a transport protocol in this
case, but dlm_controld does not force this. It might be more appropriate
to set this in conga, but I'm not sure.

Signed-Off-By: Patrick Caulfield <pcaulfie@redhat.com>

Old 12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Steven Whitehouse

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 15:22 +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> This patch adds multi-home capability to dlm_controld. If a node has
> more than one address then the DLM will be told about all of them,
> rather than just the first as at present.
>
> It is assumed that sctp will be used as a transport protocol in this
> case, but dlm_controld does not force this. It might be more appropriate
> to set this in conga, but I'm not sure.
>
> Signed-Off-By: Patrick Caulfield <pcaulfie@redhat.com>

Are you sure that 4 addresses will be enough? seems a little low to me,
or did I misunderstand the purpose of MAX_NODE_ADDRESSES?

Steve.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
"Fabio M. Di Nitto"

This patch adds multi-home capability to dlm_controld. If a node has
more than one address then the DLM will be told about all of them,
rather than just the first as at present.

It is assumed that sctp will be used as a transport protocol in this
case, but dlm_controld does not force this. It might be more appropriate
to set this in conga, but I'm not sure.

Signed-Off-By: Patrick Caulfield <pcaulfie@redhat.com>

+#define MAX_NODE_ADDRESSES 4

can we please make these kind of things fully dynamic?

I have 7 ip with 2 interfaces.. leave alone with VIP and other stuff...
It would be an extra limitation to keep in mind when debugging why

some connections are working and others are not.

Thanks
Fabio

Old 12-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Patrick Caulfield

Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 15:22 +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
>> This patch adds multi-home capability to dlm_controld. If a node has
>> more than one address then the DLM will be told about all of them,
>> rather than just the first as at present.
>>
>> It is assumed that sctp will be used as a transport protocol in this
>> case, but dlm_controld does not force this. It might be more appropriate
>> to set this in conga, but I'm not sure.
>>
>> Signed-Off-By: Patrick Caulfield <pcaulfie@redhat.com>
>
> Are you sure that 4 addresses will be enough? seems a little low to me,
> or did I misunderstand the purpose of MAX_NODE_ADDRESSES?

It's set to 3 in the kernel !

Patrick