Old 06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Guy Boisvert

Default tzdata, Greenwich zone: URGENT!

Hi!

It appears that there have been some changes to tzdata recently. We
run an application that needs the server to stay at GMT. Previously, we
used the Casablanca timezone but now there seems to be a 1 hour
difference to GMT. I checked the London zone and they seem to change
time too.

I tried to change the zone to GMT with system-config-date (i'm using
command line remotely) but didn't find the Greenwich zone! Is there any
way to fixed this ?

[boig01@iode ~]$ date
Tue Jun 3 14:10:21 WEST 2008
[boig01@iode ~]$ date -u
Tue Jun 3 13:10:24 UTC 2008

Thanks in advance.

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.

P.S.: As i'm writing this, our application just started to desync !!!
HOW CAN I ROLL BACK TZDATA ???? I Googled all over without finding any
way to do it!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
"Marcelo Roccasalva"

* * * *It appears that there have been some changes to tzdata recently. *We

run an application that needs the server to stay at GMT. *Previously, we

used the Casablanca timezone but now there seems to be a 1 hour

difference to GMT. *I checked the London zone and they seem to change

time too.

* * * *I tried to change the zone to GMT with system-config-date (i'm using

command line remotely) but didn't find the Greenwich zone! *Is there any

way to fixed this ?
cp* /usr/share/zoneinfo/right/Etc/GMT-0 /etc/localtime
--
Marcelo

"¿No será acaso que ésta vida moderna está teniendo más de moderna que de vida?" (Mafalda)

Old 06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Karanbir Singh

Guy Boisvert wrote:

Hi!

It appears that there have been some changes to tzdata recently. We
run an application that needs the server to stay at GMT. Previously, we
used the Casablanca timezone but now there seems to be a 1 hour
difference to GMT. I checked the London zone and they seem to change
time too.

Looks like you were never on GMT / UTC - but on British Time, Which in
the summer is one hour off GMT