Old 06-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Monty Shinn

Default FW: Partitioning help

Rajeev R. Veedu wrote:

Hi,

I have Centos server 4.5 with 3.3TB raid disk on a 3 ware controller.
Now the problem is that I am not able to see the partition in full since
it shows only 1.2TB.

I have created a partition with Parted and (GNU PARTED) and I have seen
it is 3.3 T there. However I have to make this partition on ext3 with
make2efs –j /dev/sda1 and after the formatting it went to 1.2T.

Could someone help me to address this issue by suggesting a proper
partitioning utility which does this for me?. It is a production server
on which 2 hdd had been failed and I need to make it up and running ASAP.

Any suggestion and help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

*Rajeev R. Veedu*

Rajeev,

Make sure you have the disk label set to gpt. When using parted, use
the mklabel option.

HTH,

Monty

Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Joshua Baker-LePain

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 at 1:18pm, Rajeev R. Veedu wrote

I have Centos server 4.5 with 3.3TB raid disk on a 3 ware controller.
Now the problem is that I am not able to see the partition in full since
it shows only 1.2TB.

You need CentOS 5 to support devices >2TB. And you can't boot from such
devices because, as the other posted mentioned, you must use a gpt
partition label, which grub does not support.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin