Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Dick Roth

Default Network problems on new CentOS 5 install on P35, ICH9R mobo

Had to replace dying cpu and mobo, so also replaced IDE with new SATA
drive. Installed from latest ISO onto SATA and can't get networking to
lease an IP address from my ISP (Comcast). The network utility always
comes up with a private address (192.168.0.2) instead of Comcast IP.

To add to confusion, if I boot into old IDE drive, I get proper network
connection to internet, but lose my swap!

Particulars:

mobo=Gigabyte P35-DS3R
SATA Controller=AHCI
PATA Controller=JMicron 20360
new drive=ATA WDC WD1600AAJS-2
old drive=WDC WD400JB-00JJA0
DVD-RW=Pioneer DVR-112D (PATA)
NICs=eth0=Realtek RTL-8029(AS) (DHCP)
eth1=Realtek RTL-8029(AS) (Static)

Has anyone seen this? Will 5.2 help with this situation? Been working
on this for days!

Thanks,
Dick

--Benjamin Franklin 1775