Old 06-02-2008, 08:40 PM
"William L. Maltby"

Default Burning DVD with upgrade of cdrtools for cdrecord

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 15:21 -0400, Dexter Stowers wrote:
> I am having problems burning DVD's from commandline. I was wondering
> if anyone else has had any luck using cdrecord-2.01 and cdrtools that
> is supposed to add DVD support? Thanks!

Well, I *think* I used it to burn my current 5.x DVD, but the commands
have fallen off the end of bash history. From memory, I did.

Remember to first format the DVD - this is required. Mine is an IDE
(LiteOn) and I don't recall having to use the GUI provided by Gnome/KDE.

Do keep in mind that the author's notes still claim no DVD support, and
I do recall warning messages spewing that said no support.

If you can't get it working, hollar and I'll try to reconstruct. I need
to anyway because 5.2 will probably appear in a couple of weeks, based
on past performance and CentOS goals.

I also have dvd+rw-tools-7.0-0.el5.3 installed.

I hope all I just said wasn't a bunch oa Alzheimer's-induced FUD! 8-O

> -- Dexter
> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--
Bill

Old 06-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Robert

Title: politics-def

Dexter Stowers wrote:
I am having problems burning DVD's from commandline. I was
wondering if anyone else has had any luck using cdrecord-2.01 and
cdrtools that is supposed to add DVD support? Thanks!

--* Dexter

Not the tool you asked about but if you have already created the iso
file:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=filename.iso

will do nicely.***

man growisofs and scroll down to the EXAMPLES section for creating the
iso on the fly.

-- Dexter Fitzgerald Stowers

Systems Programmer I

Systems Administrator Unix/Linux Systems

142 Freeman Hall

College of Engineering and Sciences

GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, RHCT, RHCE

POLITICS n. Strife of
interests masquerading as a contest of principles

*** --Ambrose Bierce