-   -   Booting Diskless Workstations (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/99516-booting-diskless-workstations.html)

"Joseph L. Casale" 06-02-2008 07:22 PM

Booting Diskless Workstations

I made a post in the Fedora list that didn't yield much help regarding this.
I need to use a CentOS5.1 server to remotely boot a few Fedora 9
workstations. I have the option of using straight PXE, or even reflashing
gPXE to the LOM for the clients. What I am interested in knowing is the
best approach to this.

1. Should I just do iSCSI backed diskless setups? Probably doesn't scale well.
2. I looked at ltsp, but I can't present a fc9 environment with a RH5.1 server?

The workstations would be fairly stateless, I intended on redirecting home dirs
to a persistent share that gets backed up.

Any ideas I can look into would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
jlc