Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Ray Leventhal

Default slightly OT - gphpedit on CentOS 5?

Hi all,

Advance apologies for being slightly OT.

Has anyone had successes with installing gphpedit on CentOS 5? There
don't seem to be any rpms avail for our distro and I'm far too new to
roll my own.

Thanks in advance (off - list replies are welcome if that's more
appropriate)

-Ray

Old 06-03-2008, 01:18 AM
"Filipe Brandenburger"

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Ray Leventhal <centos@swhi.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Advance apologies for being slightly OT.
>
> Has anyone had successes with installing gphpedit on CentOS 5? There don't
> seem to be any rpms avail for our distro and I'm far too new to roll my own.
>
> Thanks in advance (off - list replies are welcome if that's more
> appropriate)

You might try RPMs for Fedora Core 7 (not a perfect match, but maybe
close enough):
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/7/Everything/i386/os/Fedora/gphpedit-0.9.91-3.fc6.i386.rpm

Otherwise, try building the RPM yourself, it's not that hard.

Basically, create a file named ~/.rpmmacros with this content:

%_topdir %(eval echo "$HOME")/rpm

Then create the directories:

$ mkdir -p ~/rpm/{BUILD,RPMS/`uname -m`,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}

Then:

$ rpmbuild --rebuild packagename.src.rpm

In that case, try building the package for Fedora Core 9:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/gphpedit-0.9.91-4.fc9.src.rpm

HTH,
Filipe

Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Ray Leventhal

<snip>

You might try RPMs for Fedora Core 7 (not a perfect match, but maybe
close enough):
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/7/Everything/i386/os/Fedora/gphpedit-0.9.91-3.fc6.i386.rpm

Otherwise, try building the RPM yourself, it's not that hard.

Basically, create a file named ~/.rpmmacros with this content:

%_topdir %(eval echo "$HOME")/rpm

Then create the directories:

$ mkdir -p ~/rpm/{BUILD,RPMS/`uname -m`,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}

Then:

$ rpmbuild --rebuild packagename.src.rpm

In that case, try building the package for Fedora Core 9:
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/gphpedit-0.9.91-4.fc9.src.rpm

HTH,
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

Thank you *Very* much for the information. I'd already successfully
found and installed an rpm for FC6, but I'm really glad to have your
reply as 'rolling my own' is definitely something I have to do from time
to time and I'm very very very new at this.

Kind regards,
-Ray