Old 06-01-2008, 11:56 AM
John Bowden

Default External USB Hard Drive mount problems

Hi Folks
I have a number of external USB enclosures with hard drives in. Some are IDE
and others are SATA drives. I'm running CentOS 5 + all updates. Recently when
I plug in an external drive I get the message "Invalid filesystem type. I
have install the NTFS-3G bits stuff and reformatted the hard drives with
FAT32 but still get the same error message. This started after an update (not
shore which one,) as I had been able to copy files to / from these disks
before. I have turned off selinux and had a look at my fstab file, but can't
see any thing obvious. Can some one point me in the right direction to debug
this please?
Regards John
--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the houses of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)