Old 05-30-2008, 06:56 AM
"gopinath"

Default offline file shares

can we configure offline file shares in samba as we
do on a windows pc
*
Gopinath

Old 05-30-2008, 07:51 AM
John R Pierce

gopinath wrote:

can we configure offline file shares in samba as we do on a windows pc

afaik, a windows client can be told to support an offline share thats on
a samba serrver, as the offline feature involves client side caching of
the files.

I seriously doubt the samba client for unix would know how to do offline
files, however.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Christopher Chan

gopinath wrote:

can we configure offline file shares in samba as we do on a windows pc

Whatcha mean? Prevent offline caching?

Old 05-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Fabian Arrotin - oxygen

gopinath wrote:

can we configure offline file shares in samba as we do on a windows pc

Gopinath
Do you mean caching files coming from a Windows/SMB share to your CentOS
box ?
Nothing does that but you can write a rsync script if needed ... but
attention to the way rsync will synchronize .. or use unison ?

Fabian

Old 05-30-2008, 09:07 AM
"gopinath"

to create offline share of windows pc in centos of linux box.