-   -   offline file shares (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/97929-offline-file-shares.html)

"gopinath" 05-30-2008 06:56 AM

offline file shares

can we configure offline file shares in samba as we
do on a windows pc
*
Gopinath

John R Pierce 05-30-2008 07:51 AM

offline file shares

gopinath wrote:

can we configure offline file shares in samba as we do on a windows pc

afaik, a windows client can be told to support an offline share thats on
a samba serrver, as the offline feature involves client side caching of
the files.

I seriously doubt the samba client for unix would know how to do offline
files, however.

Christopher Chan 05-30-2008 07:53 AM

offline file shares

gopinath wrote:

can we configure offline file shares in samba as we do on a windows pc

Whatcha mean? Prevent offline caching?

Fabian Arrotin - oxygen 05-30-2008 08:27 AM

offline file shares

gopinath wrote:

can we configure offline file shares in samba as we do on a windows pc

Gopinath
Do you mean caching files coming from a Windows/SMB share to your CentOS
box ?
Nothing does that but you can write a rsync script if needed ... but
attention to the way rsync will synchronize .. or use unison ?

Fabian

"gopinath" 05-30-2008 09:07 AM

offline file shares

to create offline share of windows pc in centos of linux box.