-   -   Frequent Gnome Terminal crashes in CentOS 5.1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/97632-frequent-gnome-terminal-crashes-centos-5-1-a.html)

Alfred von Campe 05-29-2008 06:23 PM

Frequent Gnome Terminal crashes in CentOS 5.1

Ever since I upgraded all my systems to CentOS 5.1 I have been
getting reports from users about "all their windows disappearing". A
little digging revealed that they meant all gnome-terminal windows.
Since there is only one gnome-terminal process by default for all
your open terminal windows and tabs, a crash of that process means
losing all your terminal windows. These crashes often (but not
always) occur over night when the system is otherwise idle.

A quick Google search found a problem on Ubuntu related to VTE (the
terminal emulator widget used by gnome-terminal) but not much else of
interest. Has anyone on this list experienced this? I find it hard
to believe I'm the only one. I never saw this issue while running
CentOS 4.X on these systems...

Alfred