Old 05-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Scott Silva

Default FireFox

on 5-29-2008 4:55 AM Daniel de Kok spake the following:

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

It will depend upon if Red Hat will release a version for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux. The best bet will be that they will not release it
until RHEL-4.7 goes into beta testing.

It looks like there is a good chance it will be included in 4.7:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2008-May/msg00052.html

(- Added Firefox3)

Take care,
Daniel
RedHat must be trying to cut some of the costs of backporting. They seem
somewhat more willing to update versions then they used to be.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 05-29-2008, 09:55 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 13:09 +0200, Bernhard Gschaider wrote:
> <snip>

> WLM> I chose not to uninstall the distributed one. I unpackaed the
> WLM> 3.0rc1 tarball in the $HOME of a user and run it from there.
>
> <snipped recipe>
>
> WLM> This lets all other users get the box-stock version while I
> WLM> test the new one. So far it's looking pretty good.
>
> Question: if I do this, will I be able to move back to the
> stock-1.5-version without problems. In other words: is the stuff like
> bookmarks, history etc that is written to disk backward-compatible?

Last time I did something like this was with the beta 5 release. In that
case I removed the box version and installed globally. Going that
direction, the per-user config files seemed to hold as normal. Once I
discovered that the needed Java app wouldn't work, I uninstalled the
beta, reinstalled box-stock.

Again, no config issues.

Before everybody beats me like a rented mule, there was no risk to other
users - I'm it, just with different logons. So I felt comfortable with
picking up the pieces if it broke and did not grab one of my other
machines for testing.

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--
Bill

Old 05-30-2008, 04:22 AM
Robert Spangler

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 20:19, MHR wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Robert Spangler
>
> <mlists@zoominternet.net> wrote:
> > Can I use one out of the Fedora's repos? If so, which repo?
>
> You can just pull down the latest version from mozilla.org - they're
> pretty good about compatibility. I'd try it out in a different
> install directory, though, just to be sure, but you can always
> uninstall it and re-load the release version if it doesn't work right
> for you.

I downloaded the tar file from Mozilla and placed it under my home Dir. Seems
to be working fine presently. After some more tests if there are no issues
I'll replace 1.5 with 2.0. Thank for your help.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!
Linux User #296285
http://counter.li.org

Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
"Nick"

Hi All

Running F10 can anyone tell me how to stop firefox switching back to offline
mode every time it starts

Regards

Nick

Old 12-02-2008, 01:36 PM

Old 12-02-2008, 02:49 PM

Old 12-02-2008, 07:42 PM
"Nick"

Ok that's fine but every time I restart firefox its offline again.

I meant how to keep it so it's in the online mode when starting
Cheers

Nick