Old 04-30-2008, 11:57 AM
"Mamun"

Default problem installation of mplayer

Guys,
I already installed CentOs,but can anyone give a
sample of repo files and priorities.conf file.
*
As for this 2 files i am unable to install
mplayer.

dangerous content by
MailScanner, and is

believed to be clean.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Mamun wrote:
> Guys,
> I already installed CentOs,but can anyone give a sample of repo files and priorities.conf file.
>
> As for this 2 files i am unable to install mplayer.

See <http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories>

mplayer is in rpmforge and atrpms (watch out when mixing those,
use priorities).

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 04-30-2008, 06:14 PM
MHR

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:

> Mamun wrote:
> > Guys,
> > I already installed CentOs,but can anyone give a sample of repo files and priorities.conf file.
> >
> > As for this 2 files i am unable to install mplayer.
>
> See <http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories>
>
> mplayer is in rpmforge and atrpms (watch out when mixing those,
> use priorities).

I've had excellent results on CentOS with rpmforge, and highly
recommend it. (I haven't tried atrpms.)

mhr

Old 04-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Ned Slider

MHR wrote:

I already installed CentOs,but can anyone give a sample of repo files and priorities.conf file.

As for this 2 files i am unable to install mplayer.

See <http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories>

mplayer is in rpmforge and atrpms (watch out when mixing those,
use priorities).

I've had excellent results on CentOS with rpmforge, and highly
recommend it. (I haven't tried atrpms.)

Same here - mplayer from RPMForge works great for me.

Regards,

Ned

Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Lanny Marcus

On 30 April 2008, "Mamun" <sharif0 AT iut-dhaka.edu> wrote:

>Message: 55
>Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:57:47 +0600

>I already installed CentOs,but can anyone give a sample of repo files
>and priorities.conf file.
>As for this 2 files i am unable to install mplayer.

You might find this article on the CentOS Wiki helpful. You can copy &
paste the commands shown onto the command line and get multimedia things
up and running, quickly and easily.

<http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS>

There is also information about the yum priorities plug-in on the Wiki.
There is a link to it, near the top of the above URL.