Old 04-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Niki Kovacs

Default Documentation for DNS and BIND

Hi,

One of the things I have yet to learn is setting up a DNS server with BIND.

Can you recommend me some *comprehensive* documentation? I like the sort
of documentation that explains things step by step, not too laconically.
I don't mind reading hundreds of pages, as long as it's well
explained. Consider me a total newbie in that field.

Any suggestions?

Niki

Old 04-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Can you recommend me some *comprehensive* documentation? I like the sort of
> documentation that explains things step by step, not too laconically. I
> don't mind reading hundreds of pages, as long as it's well explained.
> Consider me a total newbie in that field.

There can only be one:

Cricket Liu and Paul Albitz: DNS and BIND, 5th Edition

<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns5/>

The Cookbook by Cricket Liu is a nice addition, but the one above is
sort of the DNS and BIND bible.

Cheers,

Ralph