Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 PM
"Alex Palenschat"

Default sendmail and cups gets installed although not chosen inkickstart file

>How can I find out what forced them (and probably many other unwanted
>packages) on the installation?
>I thought maybe "rpm -q --whatrequires sendmail" would tell me, but it
>doesn't. Nothing requires it. Same for cups. So, why did it get
installed?

I usually do a rpm -q --provides <package name> and have it list the
capabilities that the rpm provides and then do a --whatrequires on the
capabilities themselves. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can jump
in and explain an easier way. But that is what I do. You'll see that one
of the items that sendmail provides is smptdaemon which is the usual
source of dependencies in my experience. However postfix also provides
it, so perhaps that's no help.

Alex