Old 04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Clint Dilks

Default kernel-vm repo

Hi People,

I have downloaded
http://dev.centos.org/~tru/kernel-vm/5/RPMS/i386/kernel-vm-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5.i686.rpm
<http://dev.centos.org/%7Etru/kernel-vm/5/RPMS/i386/kernel-vm-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5.i686.rpm>
but was just wondering if these kernel-vm rpms are in a yum repository.
know what repo it should be coming from so I can see why my system
doesn't see them.

Thanks.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:19 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Clint Dilks <clintd@scms.waikato.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> I have downloaded
> http://dev.centos.org/~tru/kernel-vm/5/RPMS/i386/kernel-vm-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5.i686.rpm
> <http://dev.centos.org/%7Etru/kernel-vm/5/RPMS/i386/kernel-vm-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5.i686.rpm>
> but was just wondering if these kernel-vm rpms are in a yum repository.
> what repo it should be coming from so I can see why my system doesn't see
> them.

There is no repository for them. Please also note that these kernels
are under testing although there have been no known issues so far.
But you need to install manually.

Akemi

Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Clint Dilks

Akemi Yagi wrote:

but was just wondering if these kernel-vm rpms are in a yum repository.
what repo it should be coming from so I can see why my system doesn't see
them.

There is no repository for them. Please also note that these kernels
are under testing although there have been no known issues so far.
But you need to install manually.

Akemi

Thanks for the response, have a good day