Old 04-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Sobari Tanuwijaya

Default what cause session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE?

Hi,
I activate samba on Centos 5, but I always get
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE when issuing

smbclient //GIServer/GIApp -usmbuser

after I enter the password to the prompt.

What things should I look for to solve this?

--

Best Regards,

Sobari Tanuwijaya

---------
Without positive attitudes, the best techniques in the world won't have
much impact.

--Anonymous--

Old 04-28-2008, 01:44 PM
"Philip R. Schaffner"

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 18:18 +0700, Sobari Tanuwijaya wrote:
> Hi,
> I activate samba on Centos 5, but I always get
> NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE when issuing
>
> smbclient //GIServer/GIApp -usmbuser
>
> after I enter the password to the prompt.
>
> What things should I look for to solve this?

It is obvious that authentication is failing for user "smbuser", but
what to do about it is less obvious.

What have you tried? How have you set up authentication for samba?
Have you created a smbpasswd file and is the user in it, or are you
expecting to authenticate against another server?

Try

smbclient -L GIServer

and see what it returns.

Phil