Old 04-25-2008, 07:05 AM
JohnsonKoilraj

Default Yum showing error

Hi

**** I am using centos 5. yum saying following error..

[root@zeus Desktop]# yum grouplist

Setting up Group Process

Setting up repositories

Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=i386&repo=os error was

[Errno 14] HTTP Error 407: Proxy Authentication Required

Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

my system is behind corporate filter. Is there any where to use yum. help me out in this. in some forum it says we need NTLM to handle this...

by

john

www.wipro.com

Old 04-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Ray Van Dolson

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:35:26PM +0530, JohnsonKoilraj wrote:
> Hi
> I am using centos 5. yum saying following error..
>
> [root@zeus Desktop]# yum grouplist
> Setting up Group Process
> Setting up repositories
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=i386
> &repo=os error was
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 407: Proxy Authentication Required
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
>
> my system is behind corporate filter. Is there any where to use yum. help me
> out in this. in some forum it says we need NTLM to handle this...
>
> by
> john

Sounds like you may need to do some proxy authentication. Do a man
yum.conf and search for "proxy" and you should see a few parameters
that might help you out. Throw these in /etc/yum.conf.

Ray