Old 04-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Les Mikesell

Default Networking help

Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

Ray Leventhal wrote:

I'm no expert, but I'd be the HWADDR values in your
/etc/sysconfig/ifcfg-ethx files need to be updated to reflect the new
MAC addresses of the physical interfaces in the box.

Done that. The ifcfg-ethX is referencing the right interfaces.

Sometimes ISPs limit the DHCP address(es)to known MAC addresses. If
that's the case there may be some timeout or a way to reset it.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 04-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Ray Leventhal

Les Mikesell wrote:

Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

Ray Leventhal wrote:

I'm no expert, but I'd be the HWADDR values in your
/etc/sysconfig/ifcfg-ethx files need to be updated to reflect the
new MAC addresses of the physical interfaces in the box.

Done that. The ifcfg-ethX is referencing the right interfaces.

Sometimes ISPs limit the DHCP address(es)to known MAC addresses. If
that's the case there may be some timeout or a way to reset it.

I was actually thinking along the lines of IP/Mac issues and so was
going to ask if the OP had static IP addresses or dynamic ones. With my
colo facility, when I change NICs, I almost always have to ask them to
flush the ARP cache to get traffic flowing.

-R