Old 04-24-2008, 07:21 PM
"J.J. Garcia"

Default package-cleanup fails when cleaning kernels in CentOS 5

Hija!

I get this error while doing the cleanup, hints?

Cheers,

JJ

[root@neonbox ~]# package-cleanup --oldkernels --count 2
Setting up yum
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
I will remove the following 8 kernel related packages:
kernel-2.6.18-53.1.6.el5
kernel-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5
kernel-2.6.18-8.1.15.el5
kernel-2.6.18-8.el5
kernel-devel-2.6.18-8.1.15.el5
kernel-devel-2.6.18-53.1.6.el5
kernel-devel-2.6.18-8.el5
kernel-devel-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5
Is this ok [y/N]: y
/usr/bin/package-cleanup:312: DeprecationWarning: returnHeaderByTuple()
will go away in a future version of Yum.

hdr = my.rpmdb.returnHeaderByTuple(kernel)[0]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/package-cleanup", line 402, in ?
main()
File "/usr/bin/package-cleanup", line 371, in main
removeKernels(my, opts.kernelcount, opts.confirmed, opts.keepdevel)
File "/usr/bin/package-cleanup", line 317, in removeKernels
my.populateTs()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/depsolve.py", line 171, in
populateTs
self.ts.addErase(txmbr.po.idx)
AttributeError: 'YumInstalledPackage' object has no attribute 'idx'

FYI

[root@neonbox ~]# rpm -q yum
yum-3.0.5-1.el5.centos.5
[root@neonbox ~]# which package-cleanup