Old 04-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Robert Spangler

Default Problems with KMail and signatures

Hello,

For some reason KMail is all but coming to a stand still when I open messages
with any kind of signature. So I goto the configuration page of KMail
Security Crypo Back ends and I see nothing is checked off. So I hit rescan
and get the error that is listed in the attachment. Anyone else having this
issue?

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!
Linux User #296285
http://counter.li.org

Old 04-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Anne Wilson

On Thursday 24 April 2008 18:45:40 Robert Spangler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some reason KMail is all but coming to a stand still when I open
> messages with any kind of signature. So I goto the configuration page of
> KMail Security Crypo Back ends and I see nothing is checked off. So I hit
> rescan and get the error that is listed in the attachment. Anyone else
> having this issue?

Standard CentOS kmail has no problems with signatures, so if you don't have a
non-standard package I'd suggest checking your cryptography settings.
Settings > Configure KMail > Security > Crypto Backends. See what is
available there.

Anne

Old 04-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Anne Wilson

On Thursday 24 April 2008 18:58:24 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 24 April 2008 18:45:40 Robert Spangler wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > For some reason KMail is all but coming to a stand still when I open
> > messages with any kind of signature. So I goto the configuration page of
> > KMail Security Crypo Back ends and I see nothing is checked off. So I
> > hit rescan and get the error that is listed in the attachment. Anyone
> > else having this issue?
>
> Standard CentOS kmail has no problems with signatures, so if you don't have
> a non-standard package I'd suggest checking your cryptography settings.
> Settings > Configure KMail > Security > Crypto Backends. See what is
> available there.

Sorry - I just re-read your message. When and where did you get that package?
Does rpm -qi give any clue? It seems very odd if you had it working before.

Anne

Old 04-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Robert Spangler

On Thursday 24 April 2008 14:07, Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Thursday 24 April 2008 18:58:24 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 April 2008 18:45:40 Robert Spangler wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > For some reason KMail is all but coming to a stand still when I open
> > > messages with any kind of signature. So I goto the configuration page
> > > of KMail Security Crypo Back ends and I see nothing is checked off.
> > > So I hit rescan and get the error that is listed in the attachment.
> > > Anyone else having this issue?
> >
> > Standard CentOS kmail has no problems with signatures, so if you don't
> > have a non-standard package I'd suggest checking your cryptography
> > settings. Settings > Configure KMail > Security > Crypto Backends. See
> > what is available there.
>
> Sorry - I just re-read your message. When and where did you get that
> package? Does rpm -qi give any clue? It seems very odd if you had it
> working before.

After more searching I found the problem. Seems my keymanager got cross wired
and I had to resart it. Thnx for your help.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Anne Wilson

On Thursday 24 April 2008 19:51, Robert Spangler wrote:
> After more searching I found the problem. *Seems my keymanager got cross
> wired and I had to resart it. *Thnx for your help.

I once had a similar problem. Since then I've made sure that I have secure
copies of my keyrings :-) Restarting wasn't enough on that occasion. I had
to delete the keyrings and copy in older versions.

Anne