Old 04-24-2008, 02:05 PM
"Frank M. Ramaekers"

Default TCP/IP Port Relay

What is the best way to temporarily setup a port relay. I'm trying to
diagnose a problem with Cisco's latest VPN client and need to determine
if the problem is port number related.

e.g. VPN client---------23-(Linux box to relay port)-------xx-(Telnet
server)

(Keep in mind this is temporary and for debugging purposes)

Thanks,

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
Systems Programmer MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
American Income Life Insurance Co. Phone: (254)761-6649
1200 Wooded Acres Dr. Fax: (254)741-5777
Waco, Texas 76710

Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Vahur Jõesalu

hmm, if I understood you correctly, then this should work just fine (on
linux firewall):

/sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 23 -j DNAT
--to telnetserveriport-number
/sbin/iptables -I FORWARD -i external_interface -o internal_interface
-p tcp -d telnetserverip --dport portnumberontelnetserver -j ACCEPT

after a reboot or firewall service restart it's gone again.

-vahur