Old 04-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Sam Drinkard

Default ClamAV version(s)

I had clamav-milter working as well as clamd, then for some reason clamd
stopped and would not create the socket. After much hair pulling, I
finally tracked the problem(s) down to /etc/clamd.conf. After
commenting all the stuff out that was providing errors, it is now
working again. I had somehow mixed versions from sourceforge and
centos, and when I could not get things to update correctly, I removed
clamav-milter and reinstalled it. My question is about clamd. " clamd
--version yields ClamAV 0.88.7/2314/Sun Dec 10 15:02:13 2006 "

Is this the most current version available from centos? In the logs,
there is a note about it being drastically outdated and pointed me to an
FAQ file on clamd. I don't want to go through that hassle of mixing
repos and get all fouled up again.

Thanks

Sam

Old 04-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Barry Brimer

Quoting Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>:

> I had clamav-milter working as well as clamd, then for some reason clamd
> stopped and would not create the socket. After much hair pulling, I
> finally tracked the problem(s) down to /etc/clamd.conf. After
> commenting all the stuff out that was providing errors, it is now
> working again. I had somehow mixed versions from sourceforge and
> centos, and when I could not get things to update correctly, I removed
> clamav-milter and reinstalled it. My question is about clamd. " clamd
> --version yields ClamAV 0.88.7/2314/Sun Dec 10 15:02:13 2006 "
>
> Is this the most current version available from centos? In the logs,
> there is a note about it being drastically outdated and pointed me to an
> FAQ file on clamd. I don't want to go through that hassle of mixing
> repos and get all fouled up again.

The version you have is very outdated. rpmforge has updated packages that work
well. I highly recommend them.

Barry

Old 04-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Paul Heinlein