Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
"Tomasz Nowak"

Default centos 5.1 xen oddity

Hm... I've yum removed some old kernels in domU and...
they seem to dissappear also in dom0! :> Is that
possible?

--
Tomek

Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 PM
"Ross S. W. Walker"

Tomasz Nowak wrote:

> Hm... I've yum removed some old kernels in domU and...
> they seem to dissappear also in dom0! :> Is that
> possible?

Only if you were accidentally on the wrong machine at the time.

For example, you were in the 'xm console', but had ssh'd to the
dom0 machine, switched to a different terminal, came back
forgot you were in dom0 and yum remove'd away!

-Ross

Old 04-23-2008, 09:58 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Only if you were accidentally on the wrong machine at the time.

<grin>
I just did an #init 0 at Dom0's console on my test machine over the weekend and tanked a handfull of HVM's, heh.

Very easy to do...

jlc