Old 04-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Fajar Priyanto

Default iptables details

Hi all,
I'm a bit confused reading the RHEL System-Administrator-Guide regarding this:
(1) iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
10.1.2.253:80
(2) iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
DNAT --to-destination 10.1.2.253:80

The first is for port forwarding, the second is said to be used for DMZ. But I
tried both and the result is the same. Is there any difference between the
two?

Thank you,
http://linux2.arinet.org
08:09:27 up 1:01, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Christopher Chan

Fajar Priyanto wrote:

Hi all,
I'm a bit confused reading the RHEL System-Administrator-Guide regarding this:
(1) iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
10.1.2.253:80
(2) iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
DNAT --to-destination 10.1.2.253:80

The first is for port forwarding, the second is said to be used for DMZ. But I
tried both and the result is the same. Is there any difference between the
two?

No. Maybe you misread?

Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 AM
"gopinath"