Old 04-21-2008, 07:17 PM
"David Hláčik"

Default enable bootsplash

Hi, how do i enable boot splash (graphical boot) in CentOs5.1 ?
I am in init 5, i have updated from minimal install to GNOME using yum groupinstall.
*
Thanks in advance!

David

Old 04-21-2008, 07:23 PM
"Ross S. W. Walker"

David Hlcik wrote:

> Hi, how do i enable boot splash (graphical boot) in CentOs5.1 ?
> I am in init 5, i have updated from minimal install to GNOME
> using yum groupinstall.
>
> Thanks in advance!

# yum install rhgb

Make sure you have 'rhgb' as a kernel parameter for each kernel
in /boot/grub/menu.lst that you want to have a graphical boot
for.

If you want graphical boot you probably qant to use the 'quiet'
kernel parameter too.

I've never seen much need for the kernel messages at boot
anyways, they scroll by so fast the only way your going to see
them is on a serial console with scroll back buffer. There is
always 'dmesg' to see these after start up.

-Ross