Old 04-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Anne Wilson

Default rpmforge problem

For several days now I've been trying to update clamav from rpmforge without
success. Does anyone know what's likely to be the problem?

Anne

Old 04-21-2008, 01:38 PM
John

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:33 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> For several days now I've been trying to update clamav from rpmforge without
> success. Does anyone know what's likely to be the problem?
>
> Anne

Did you try to manually download it? Several peeps seem to be having a
problem with.
Don't Laugh I stick with what works! Has latest definitions.

rpm -qa | grep clam
clamav-db-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
clamd-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
clamav-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf

~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Matt Hyclak

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 02:33:33PM +0100, Anne Wilson enlightened us:
> For several days now I've been trying to update clamav from rpmforge without
> success. Does anyone know what's likely to be the problem?

As has been covered before, this isn't the correct list for this question.
There is a user's list at rpmforge.net where this has been covered a couple
of times.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics

Old 04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Anne Wilson

On Monday 21 April 2008 14:38, John wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:33 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > For several days now I've been trying to update clamav from rpmforge
> > without success. Does anyone know what's likely to be the problem?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Did you try to manually download it? Several peeps seem to be having a
> problem with.
> Don't Laugh I stick with what works! Has latest definitions.
>
> rpm -qa | grep clam
> clamav-db-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> clamd-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> clamav-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf

I have

clamav-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf
clamav-devel-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
clamd-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
fuse-clamfs-0.9.1-1.el5.rf
clamav-db-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
clamav-milter-0.92.1-1.el5.rf

yum tells me that an update is ready, but fails due to dependency on
libclamav.so.3

I'll try to see if I can find it manually.

Anne

Old 04-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Ralph Angenendt

John wrote:
> rpm -qa | grep clam
> clamav-db-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> clamd-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> clamav-0.91.2-1.el5.rf

Those are stone old and have security issues. DO NOT USE THEM.

Ralph

Old 04-21-2008, 02:08 PM
John

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 15:56 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> John wrote:
> > rpm -qa | grep clam
> > clamav-db-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamd-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamav-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
>
> Those are stone old and have security issues. DO NOT USE THEM.
>
> Ralph

Now your forcing me to yum update clamav! I know there old..

~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 04-21-2008, 02:22 PM
John

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:47 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2008 14:38, John wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:33 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > For several days now I've been trying to update clamav from rpmforge
> > > without success. Does anyone know what's likely to be the problem?
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Did you try to manually download it? Several peeps seem to be having a
> > problem with.
> > Don't Laugh I stick with what works! Has latest definitions.
> >
> > rpm -qa | grep clam
> > clamav-db-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamd-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamav-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf
> >
> I have
>
> clamav-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf
> clamav-devel-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamd-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> fuse-clamfs-0.9.1-1.el5.rf
> clamav-db-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamav-milter-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
>
> yum tells me that an update is ready, but fails due to dependency on
> libclamav.so.3
>
> I'll try to see if I can find it manually.

Let me ask a stupid question. What do you use fuse-clamfs-0.9.1-1.el5.rf
for?

> Anne
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 04-21-2008, 02:43 PM
John

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:47 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2008 14:38, John wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:33 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > For several days now I've been trying to update clamav from rpmforge
> > > without success. Does anyone know what's likely to be the problem?
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Did you try to manually download it? Several peeps seem to be having a
> > problem with.
> > Don't Laugh I stick with what works! Has latest definitions.
> >
> > rpm -qa | grep clam
> > clamav-db-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamd-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamav-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf
> >
> I have
>
> clamav-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf
> clamav-devel-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamd-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> fuse-clamfs-0.9.1-1.el5.rf
> clamav-db-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamav-milter-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
>
> yum tells me that an update is ready, but fails due to dependency on
> libclamav.so.3
>
> I'll try to see if I can find it manually.
>
> Anne
yum update clamav
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
extras 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
rpmforge 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:04
base 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
updates 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
c5-testing 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
centosplus 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
addons 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for clamav to pack into transaction set.
clamav-0.93-2.el5.rf.i386 100% |=========================| 17 kB
00:11
---> Package clamav.i386 0:0.93-2.el5.rf set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libclamav.so.2 for package: clamd
--> Processing Dependency: clamav = 0.91.2-1.el5.rf for package: clamd
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for clamd to pack into transaction set.
clamd-0.93-2.el5.rf.i386. 100% |=========================| 6.2 kB
00:03
---> Package clamd.i386 0:0.93-2.el5.rf set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Dependencies Resolved

================================================== ===========================
Package Arch Version Repository
Size
================================================== ===========================
Updating:
clamav i386 0.93-2.el5.rf rpmforge
1.4 M
Updating for dependencies:
clamd i386 0.93-2.el5.rf rpmforge
86 k

Transaction Summary
================================================== ===========================
Install 0 Package(s)
Update 2 Package(s)
Remove 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 1.4 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y

I have no prob doing it. Maybe try updating your fuse filesystem first
then you fuse clamfs. Also im not running clamav milter.

Ralph made me do this!!!!!

~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Lorenzo Martínez Rodríguez

Hello, I have suffered the same problem you describe with clam updates.
Finally it worked the upgrade from 0.92.XXX to 0.93.

[root@Carmen ~]# rpm -qa|grep -i clam

clamav-db-0.93-2.el4.rf.i386

clamd-0.93-2.el4.rf.i386

clamav-0.93-2.el4.rf.i386

The problem I had was that at starting the clamd the daemon it crashed
claiming something about the database format was incorrect. As you can
imagine I have uninstalled clam*; saved the configuration files;
updatedb; locate -i clam; yum install clamav-db clamd clamav; re-tunned
the conf files, rights, etc...; fresclam; and it is working again.

Hope it helps. Regards,

P.S.: Yes, I do love top-posting if it helps (before some taliban says
something to me, the list is to help people. I hope not to be unpolite)

John escribió:

[...]

Consultor de seguridad informática

Old 04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 19:41 +0200, Lorenzo Martínez Rodríguez wrote:
> <snip>

> P.S.: Yes, I do love top-posting if it helps (before some taliban says
> something to me, the list is to help people. I hope not to be
> unpolite)
> <snip>

I'm not taliban, nor intolerant. But Have you thought about what you
just said? If you knowingly violate accepted "standard" behavior in a
venue, and it does cause delay or increases difficulty for those trying
to offer help to others, and it is only to satisify your whim (personal
desire, convenience, ...), then you are almost by definition being
impolite.

MHO
--
Bill