Old 04-19-2008, 10:55 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default init script numbers

How does chkconfig determine what number to give to a link when you turn a service on?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 04-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Matt Hyclak

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 04:55:10PM -0600, Joseph L. Casale enlightened us:
> How does chkconfig determine what number to give to a link when you turn a service on?

There is a line in /etc/init.d/foo for chkconfig that lists what levels to
install to by default, start number and stop number.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics

Old 04-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Clint Dilks

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

How does chkconfig determine what number to give to a link when you turn a service on?

Thanks!
jlc

Hi In the start up scripts you will see this line
# chkconfig: 2345 10 90

This particular example (network) strats by default in 2345 S10 K90

Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Garrick Staples

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 04:55:10PM -0600, Joseph L. Casale alleged:
> How does chkconfig determine what number to give to a link when you turn a service on?

Note that this is fully documented in the chkconfig manpage.

University of Southern California