Old 04-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Morten Nilsen

Default Another samba problem - SOLVED!

Anne Wilson wrote:
Unbelievably simple, once I found it. /etc/hosts had lost several lines. I
have no idea how that could have happened, but one of the missing lines was
the address of the server. I can now see all the server's shares within
konqueror!

Yes, that would indeed do it..

However, there has in "recent" years been made some progress in this
field, and DNS has solved the issue of hosts-files being corrupted or
out of sync between machines on the local network..

It might be worth the effort to set up dhcp with ddns updates - it makes
such interoperability a piece of cake!

--
Cheers,
Morten