Old 04-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Anne Wilson

Default clamav update broken?

Yesterday and today I've seen clamav set for updating, but missing
dependencies. Is this general, or is it a mirror problem?

Anne

Old 04-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Johnny Hughes

Anne Wilson wrote:
Yesterday and today I've seen clamav set for updating, but missing
dependencies. Is this general, or is it a mirror problem?

CentOS does not release clamav, however more than one external repo does.

What you need to do is figure out which 3rd party repo you want to get
it from, and either use priorities to give that repo priority over the
other 3rd party repos ... OR use "exclude=clamav*" in the .repo file (in
the applicable sections) to exclude those RPMS from the repo you don't
want to get them from.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Old 04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Anne Wilson

On Saturday 19 April 2008 12:18:13 Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Yesterday and today I've seen clamav set for updating, but missing
> > dependencies. Is this general, or is it a mirror problem?
>
> CentOS does not release clamav, however more than one external repo does.

OK, so I'll check out where the original came from, thanks.

> What you need to do is figure out which 3rd party repo you want to get
> it from, and either use priorities to give that repo priority over the
> other 3rd party repos ... OR use "exclude=clamav*" in the .repo file (in
> the applicable sections) to exclude those RPMS from the repo you don't
> want to get them from.

Sounds a bit confusing :-) but I'm sure that with your pointers I can work it
out. I used --skip-broken for the time being.

Anne