Old 04-17-2008, 07:21 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default Firewall/router

I was using pfSense in a vm under esx but I want to move to Xen and prefer something that can run as a pv guest. Anyone got any reco's of what can run on top of CentOS to perform a similar role as pfSense (perform nat/pat and firewall etc between two interfaces)?

Thanks for any ideas!
jlc

Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Friday 18 April 2008 02:21:01 Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I was using pfSense in a vm under esx but I want to move to Xen and prefer
> something that can run as a pv guest. Anyone got any reco's of what can run
> on top of CentOS to perform a similar role as pfSense (perform nat/pat and
> firewall etc between two interfaces)?

Why not install vmware-server in your Centos? Then you can install pfsense in
it. But, I think it's bad practice to install pfsense in a vm.
CMIIW.
http://linux2.arinet.org
16:46:44 up 9:41, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Why not install vmware-server in your Centos? Then you can install pfsense in
>it. But, I think it's bad practice to install pfsense in a vm.
>CMIIW.

vmware and xen on some box? Its a lab/ POC environment anyway...