Old 10-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Jeff Layton

Default Upgrading 5.5 to 5.8 with yum?

Good afternoon,

I've been running a CentOS 5.5 system for a while using some
Nvidia drivers for an older Nvidia card (GeForce 6200 card).
I'd like to upgrade to 5.8 using yum but I was curious if anyone
has done this using yum? Any gotchas? (I can handle the
Nvidia upgrade part once the system is upgraded).

Thanks!

Jeff

BTW - I'm using driver 256.35 and looking at Nvidia's site
it looks like 304.51 is the latest (I'm running 32-bit believe it
or not).