-   -   Doing a Centos mirror only via http (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/712024-doing-centos-mirror-only-via-http.html)

"C. L. Martinez" 10-13-2012 11:40 AM

Doing a Centos mirror only via http

Hi all,

Is it possible to setup a private local CentOS mirror only for the
latest release (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/) via http only?? I
know how to do using rsync, but I need to accomplish this via http
service only ...

Thanks.

Nux! 10-13-2012 12:02 PM

On 13.10.2012 12:40, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to setup a private local CentOS mirror only for the
> latest release (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/) via http only?? I
> know how to do using rsync, but I need to accomplish this via http
> service only ...

Yes, it is possible, read the docs
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror

Nux!
www.nux.ro

"C. L. Martinez" 10-13-2012 12:25 PM

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
> On 13.10.2012 12:40, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to setup a private local CentOS mirror only for the
>> latest release (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/) via http only?? I
>> know how to do using rsync, but I need to accomplish this via http
>> service only ...
>
> Yes, it is possible, read the docs
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror

> Nux!

Many thanks Nux, reposync is the tool ... but, is it possible to
download metada too with reposync to avoid to use createrepo command??

Nux! 10-13-2012 01:07 PM

On 13.10.2012 13:25, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>> On 13.10.2012 12:40, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to setup a private local CentOS mirror only for the
>>> latest release (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/) via http only??
>>> know how to do using rsync, but I need to accomplish this via http
>>> service only ...
>>
>> Yes, it is possible, read the docs
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror
>>
>> --
>>
>> Nux!
>
> Many thanks Nux, reposync is the tool ... but, is it possible to
> download metada too with reposync to avoid to use createrepo
> command??

Use lftp, not reposync.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

John R Pierce 10-13-2012 05:48 PM

On 10/13/12 6:07 AM, Nux! wrote:
>> >Many thanks Nux, reposync is the tool ... but, is it possible to
>> >download metada too with reposync to avoid to use createrepo
>> >command??
> Use lftp, not reposync.

yeah, thats what I use. my cron job looks like...

lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.kernel.org && lcd /export/mirror &&
mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x s390x -x alpha -x SRPMS
centos'

that gets all releases, but not s390 or alpna or itanium. add -x 5* to
lose the 5.x stuff.

oh, it appears I'm using ftp not http... I believe thats because I got
inconsistent results with http when I switched source repos

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast