-   -   thin provisioning in a centos host? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/711780-thin-provisioning-centos-host.html)

"C. L. Martinez" 10-12-2012 01:43 PM

thin provisioning in a centos host?

Hi all,

Is it possible to do this? I need to create some sparse volumes/block
virtual devices to be served via iscsi target.

Thanks

Nux! 10-12-2012 04:48 PM

On 12.10.2012 14:43, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to do this? I need to create some sparse volumes/block
> virtual devices to be served via iscsi target.

Yes, it is, if you use qcow2 files for example. It would also be
possible to use LVM but the feature is still in "experimental" state.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Fri Oct 12 19:30:01 2012
h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references
:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=Eaqy02YDguRfSowqb3QuQGedJWcSa080B17vqC9lP+o=;
b=VSl712gKz0t3MYBNUbrm+sukqaf2yOMLmwrHSH+7JUge4Ir4 TB7ECGIqiOakN8p0Jt
utnFuhuOrYCq+/2fIVUrgo+Tljeeflcp167w15OVtOHucmjdxOaKJor2pPkhx4PB hCQV
U56AhcWcryyaKwqSwRNxVc43CPYawqL/5/jvOVKBrRiuGxewOKFOwQep0XVDGtSyABts
b/1TuKkiMtqe2p6zy363nzs18kbE4T3DWxK57/LLkOD+uxX59MK4klO4fPehxtOGjStr
7f2OB06rkX0oPW3mGijMQ71EvFWYWvtmD8pkkpAISjK2iieNtL m6xTxKhSYi9F+uGH+C
fLqw==