Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 AM
"Art Age Software"

Default How to Contact Package Maintainer

Hi,

I'm wondering what the correct channel is for communicating with the
maintainer of a particular package in the Extras repo. Specifically, I
would like to find out who maintains the DRBD 8.0.x package, as there
is a newer version (8.0.12) that I would like to see added. Or,
alternatively, what is the process for suggesting that an out-of-date
package be updated in the repo?

Thanks!

P.S. Apologies if this is a double-post. My first attempt did not seem to go.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Karanbir Singh

Art Age Software wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what the correct channel is for communicating with the
> maintainer of a particular package in the Extras repo. Specifically, I
> would like to find out who maintains the DRBD 8.0.x package, as there
> is a newer version (8.0.12) that I would like to see added. Or,
> alternatively, what is the process for suggesting that an out-of-date
> package be updated in the repo?

the best way to do that is to open a ticket at http://bugs.centos.org/
against the component, and check the version / release / arch.