-   -   X/Display resolution configuration (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/710572-x-display-resolution-configuration.html)

Mike Watson 10-08-2012 05:20 PM

X/Display resolution configuration

I've installed CentOS 6.3 on a new system. I've a nagging problem that
I'm trying to fix---the screen resolution changes. I've a flat screen
monitor that has 1600x900 capability. However when I logout and then log
back in the resolution changes to 1280x1024. When I looked at the
xorg.conf.d directory it was empty---both in /etc and in /usr/share.

Where is xorg.conf and it's monitor section now? BTW, I'm use KDE.

mw

-- William Kershner
http://crucis-court.com
http://www.crucis.net/1632search