Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Andrei Rolando León Salas

Default dropbox

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 12:55:46 -0400
From: m.roth@5-cent.us
Subject: Re: [CentOS] About dropbox

Andrei Rolando Le?n Salas wrote:
> Hello, i use dropbox to have a back up in my computer. Theres a way to
> have dropbox in server? and have www folder in dropbox? to use dropbox
instead
> ftp.

So, you don't mind if someone gets to look at your data? ftp has been
strongly deprecated for years.

And I don't understand your syntax: "have dropbox in server" - do you mean
back your stuff up on your server?

mark

i want to have dropbox in server, with my account, so i am the only one
that can see my files. dropbox use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256
bit encryption. so i thought was safe. and i can select wich folder to
sych. like only sycn the www folder. so i simply copy and paste in my pc
and is copied in server via dropbox. i like dropbox because i can ahve
versions of file. so if i scrub some html file, i simply restore. thats
what i want mean "have dropbox in server". its posible?

Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Leon Fauster

Am 05.10.2012 um 18:39 schrieb Andrei Rolando León Salas:
> i want to have dropbox in server, with my account, so i am the only one
> that can see my files. dropbox use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and AES-256
> bit encryption. so i thought was safe. and i can select wich folder to
> sych. like only sycn the www folder. so i simply copy and paste in my pc
> and is copied in server via dropbox. i like dropbox because i can ahve
> versions of file. so if i scrub some html file, i simply restore. thats
> what i want mean "have dropbox in server". its posible?

because this is a general question i suggest to ask this here:

https://forums.dropbox.com/

--
LF

Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 PM
"Mike Burger"

> Am 05.10.2012 um 18:39 schrieb Andrei Rolando León Salas:
>> i want to have dropbox in server, with my account, so i am the only one
>> that can see my files. dropbox use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and
>> AES-256
>> bit encryption. so i thought was safe. and i can select wich folder to
>> sych. like only sycn the www folder. so i simply copy and paste in my pc
>> and is copied in server via dropbox. i like dropbox because i can ahve
>> versions of file. so if i scrub some html file, i simply restore. thats
>> what i want mean "have dropbox in server". its posible?
>

> because this is a general question i suggest to ask this here:
>
> https://forums.dropbox.com/

Or, one could simply search google for "linux and dropbox"...the first hit
takes one to https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org