Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
adekoya adekunle

Default PHPMYADMIN on Centos 6.3

Hi guys,

Pls I need good and working instructions on how to install phpmyadmin on
centos 6.3 ?

I would appreciate your kind and timely response on this.

regards

kunle

Old 10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
John Doe

From: adekoya adekunle <adekunleadekoya@gmail.com>
> Pls I need good and working instructions on how to install phpmyadmin on
> centos 6.3 ?
> I would appreciate your kind and timely response on this.

I kindly and timely suggest you go look in phpmyadmin's download section.
Hint: they have a distributions section.
Then, I suggest the phpmyadmin documentation.

JD

Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=installing+phpmyadmin+on+centos

> I would appreciate your kind and timely response on this.

This is a community list - we are not obliged to do "timely", although
most of us try to do "kind".

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Work: tony@softins.co.uk - http://www.softins.co.uk

Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 AM
John R Pierce

On 10/05/12 1:53 AM, adekoya adekunle wrote:
> how to install phpmyadmin on centos 6.3 ?

assuming you want to use postgresql 9.1 on a 64bit CentOS 6.x system
with phpPgAdmin...

# rpm -Uvh
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.1/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-centos91-9.1-4.noarch.rpm
# yum install postgresql91-server postgresql91-contrib phpPgAdmin
# chkconfig postgresql-9.1 on
# service postgresql-9.1 initdb
## (tweak /var/lib/pgsql/9.1/postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf to suit[*])
# service postgresql-9.1 start
# su - postgres
$ createuser --superuser -P username
(enter a password for this new sql user at the prompt)
$ createdb -O username username
$ ^D
# service httpd start ## or reload if its already running

now, on that server, http://localhost/phpPgAdmin should get you
phpPgAdmin.... initially connect to localhost:5432 as user username to
database username with the password you gave above. you'll need to
tweak /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpPgAdmin.conf to enable access from other
hosts and reload httpd.

[*] in particular, change pg_hba.conf to read like...

# TYPE DATABASE USER ADDRESS METHOD

local all postgres peer
local all all md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host all all ::1/128 md5
# host all all x.y.z.w/24 md5 #
uncomment this line and change to your subnet if you want LAN
connections to postgres

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 AM
John R Pierce

On 10/05/12 2:15 AM, Tony Mountifield wrote:
>> I would appreciate your kind and timely response on this.
> This is a community list - we are not obliged to do "timely"

indeed, that almost made it sound like a RFQ[*] for a contract.

[*] Request for Quotation

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 AM
John R Pierce

On 10/05/12 2:30 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 10/05/12 1:53 AM, adekoya adekunle wrote:
>> >how to install phpmyadmin on centos 6.3 ?
> assuming you want to use postgresql 9.1 on a 64bit CentOS 6.x system
> with phpPgAdmin..

wait, ignore this. I thought I was on the postgres list and that read
phpPGadmin, not myadmin. its 2:30am here, and I'm tired. zzzzzzzzzz

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast