Old 09-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Kahlil Hodgson

Default Apache : Listen on ports other than 80

On 29/09/12 06:47, adekunleadekoya@gmail.com wrote:
> I v run d netstat and no result(i.e no process is listening on port
> 1010). Also I telnet 127.0.0.1 1010 just 2 confirm that no process is
> using the port. I can't figure out why the port(and any other except
> 80) would not work!

Sounds like an selinux issue. Try the following:

semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 1010

Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson GPG: C9A02289
Head of Technology (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
DealMax Pty Ltd (w) +61 (0) 3 9008 5281

Suite 1415
401 Docklands Drive
Docklands VIC 3008 Australia

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all
means, do not use a hammer." -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925

Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM
adekoya adekunle

Thanks guys, This now work fine. I found your help extremely useful.
This URL - (

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Managing_Confined_Services/sect-Managing_Confined_Services-Configuration_examples-Changing_port_numbers.html)

further shed more light on SELinUX .

Thanks