Old 04-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Pam Astor

Default AWStats included with Centos 5.1 distro?

Hi,

*

Is AWStats included in the Centos 5.1 Distro?

Old 04-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Barry Brimer

Quoting Pam Astor <pamastor@hotmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Is AWStats included in the Centos 5.1 Distro?

No, but you can get it from rpmforge.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Pam Astor

Got it.

*

How is the code security wise?* Should I stay away from web based log analyzers al together for a server hosting e-commerce?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Barry Brimer

Quoting Pam Astor <pamastor@hotmail.com>:

> Got it.
>
> How is the code security wise? Should I stay away from web based log
> analyzers al together for a server hosting e-commerce?

If you have any concerns about running awstats on your e-commerce server, you
can choose to generate static html reports which can be run by a limited
privelege user or transfer the logs to a different server to run stats.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Ray Leventhal

Pam Astor wrote:

Got it.

How is the code security wise? Should I stay away from web based log
analyzers al together for a server hosting e-commerce?
Not that I'm an authority, but from experience, it's been fine. I run
it on a shared platform where many of the sites are e-commerce. To date
(5 yrs, with several upgrades to the most recent release), no problems
as regard security.

HTH,
-Ray