Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 AM
RafaƂ Radecki

Default 11TB ext4 filesystem - filesystem alternatives?

Hi All.

I have a CentOS server:

CentOS 5.6 x86_64
2.6.18-238.12.1.el5.centos.plus
e4fsprogs-1.41.12-2.el5.x86_64

which has a 11TB ext4 filesystem. I have problems with running fsck on it
and would like to change the filesystem because I do not like the
possibility of running long fsck on it, it's a production machine. Also I
have some problems with running fsck (not enough RAM, problem with
scratch_files option) and if the filesystem will need intervention I will
be in a problematic situation.

Which other mature and stable filesystem can you recommend for such large
storage?

Best regards,
Rafal Radecki.