Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Nux!

Default make /home/user without all the maps SOLVED

On 26.09.2012 13:38, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
> this works! commented out all the entry's in
> /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults.
>
> Thanks for all the answers, now I don't have to explain to 50 users
> they
> have to delete all those folders - or at least not use them.
>
> greetings , J

Johan,

Be advised that Gnome desktop relies on those directories to be
present, e.g. Firefox downloads go by default in ~/Downloads; there may
be some other issues with not having them. Maybe bigger issues than
having to explain to your users.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Johan Vermeulen

Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Johan Vermeulen

hmmm. good point. The users on the server I'm configuring now will serve
as guinea piggs :-)
But indeed, I have to sent them a mail about changing the Firefox
default download directory.

greetings, J.