-   -   make /home/user without all the maps SOLVED (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/707517-make-home-user-without-all-maps-solved.html)

Nux! 09-26-2012 12:35 PM

On 26.09.2012 13:38, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
> this works! commented out all the entry's in
> /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults.
>
> Thanks for all the answers, now I don't have to explain to 50 users
> they
> have to delete all those folders - or at least not use them.
>
> greetings , J

Johan,

Be advised that Gnome desktop relies on those directories to be
present, e.g. Firefox downloads go by default in ~/Downloads; there may
be some other issues with not having them. Maybe bigger issues than
having to explain to your users. :)

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Johan Vermeulen 09-26-2012 12:38 PM

Johan Vermeulen 09-26-2012 12:53 PM

make /home/user without all the maps SOLVED

hmmm. good point. The users on the server I'm configuring now will serve
as guinea piggs :-)
But indeed, I have to sent them a mail about changing the Firefox
default download directory.

greetings, J.