Old 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Johan Vermeulen

Default Atheros Communications Inc. AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet - ALMOST solved.

Hello,

thank you for your answer. Indeed, I am too impatient.

I found a sollution 10 minutes ago here :

http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=306

saying the package found at linuxfoundation.org cannot be compiled on
CentOs6 and providing another package.

Indeed I compiled it loaded it with :

#insmod alx.ko

and I have eth0 . I'm very relieved.
and I'm now looking at how to insert the alx module permantently ( after
reboot )

greetings, J.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Johan Vermeulen
<jvermeulen@cawdekempen.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for your answer. Indeed, I am too impatient.
>
> I found a sollution 10 minutes ago here :
>
> http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=306
>
> saying the package found at linuxfoundation.org cannot be compiled on
> CentOs6 and providing another package.
>
> Indeed I compiled it loaded it with :
>
> #insmod alx.ko
>
> and I have eth0 . I'm very relieved.
> and I'm now looking at how to insert the alx module permantently ( after
> reboot )

Answered in your forum thread.

Akemi