Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   Tiff image handling like MODI (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/706670-tiff-image-handling-like-modi.html)

Rajagopal Swaminathan 09-23-2012 03:49 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
Greetings,

I have been searching for some application with functionalities like
MODI (Microsoft office Document Imaging)

Many I have checked does not cut it or not cross platform.

Evince just allows multipage viewing, not extraction of individual
pages in to another file.

GUI is a necessity.

I am aware of tifflib, imagemagick, but but not sure about a decent
GUI wrappers for them.

The file numbers are huge.

I have tried many things for almost a fortnight or so to even remember
all those names.

None of them "cuts it" per se.

I _know_ this query is not Centos Specific, but I also know that I can
get a viable answer here along with a rap in the knuckle.

Any pointers?

TIA

--
Regards,

Rajagopal
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Nux! 09-23-2012 04:59 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
On 23.09.2012 16:49, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have been searching for some application with functionalities like
> MODI (Microsoft office Document Imaging)
>
> Many I have checked does not cut it or not cross platform.
>
> Evince just allows multipage viewing, not extraction of individual
> pages in to another file.
>
> GUI is a necessity.
>
> I am aware of tifflib, imagemagick, but but not sure about a decent
> GUI wrappers for them.
>
> The file numbers are huge.
>
> I have tried many things for almost a fortnight or so to even
> remember
> all those names.
>
> None of them "cuts it" per se.
>
> I _know_ this query is not Centos Specific, but I also know that I
> can
> get a viable answer here along with a rap in the knuckle.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> TIA

Have you tried LibreOffice Draw?

--
Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!

Nux!
www.nux.ro
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Rajagopal Swaminathan 09-23-2012 05:12 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
> On 23.09.2012 16:49, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I have been searching for some application with functionalities like
>> MODI (Microsoft office Document Imaging)
>>
>> Many I have checked does not cut it or not cross platform.
>>
>> Evince just allows multipage viewing, not extraction of individual
>> pages in to another file.
>>
>> GUI is a necessity.
>>
>> I am aware of tifflib, imagemagick, but but not sure about a decent
>> GUI wrappers for them.
>>
>> The file numbers are huge.
>>
>> I have tried many things for almost a fortnight or so to even
>> remember
>> all those names.
>>
>> None of them "cuts it" per se.
>>
>> I _know_ this query is not Centos Specific, but I also know that I
>> can
>> get a viable answer here along with a rap in the knuckle.
>>
>> Any pointers?
>>
>> TIA
>
> Have you tried LibreOffice Draw?
>

Just did it with LibreOffice 3.4.5.

Does not even open the tiff file!

uname -a yields:

Linux xxxxxxx 2.6.32-279.5.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 24 01:07:11 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks

--
Regards,

Rajagopal
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Rajagopal Swaminathan 09-23-2012 05:15 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
Greetings,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies for not trimming my reply...


--
Regards,

Rajagopal
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Nux! 09-23-2012 05:46 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
On 23.09.2012 18:12, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>> On 23.09.2012 16:49, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I have been searching for some application with functionalities
>>> like
>>> MODI (Microsoft office Document Imaging)
>>>
>>> Many I have checked does not cut it or not cross platform.
>>>
>>> Evince just allows multipage viewing, not extraction of individual
>>> pages in to another file.
>>>
>>> GUI is a necessity.
>>>
>>> I am aware of tifflib, imagemagick, but but not sure about a decent
>>> GUI wrappers for them.
>>>
>>> The file numbers are huge.
>>>
>>> I have tried many things for almost a fortnight or so to even
>>> remember
>>> all those names.
>>>
>>> None of them "cuts it" per se.
>>>
>>> I _know_ this query is not Centos Specific, but I also know that I
>>> can
>>> get a viable answer here along with a rap in the knuckle.
>>>
>>> Any pointers?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>> Have you tried LibreOffice Draw?
>>
>
> Just did it with LibreOffice 3.4.5.
>
> Does not even open the tiff file!
>
> uname -a yields:
>
> Linux xxxxxxx 2.6.32-279.5.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 24 01:07:11
> UTC
> 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Thanks

Tried GIMP?

--
Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!

Nux!
www.nux.ro
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Rajagopal Swaminathan 09-23-2012 06:02 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
Greetings,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
> Tried GIMP?
>

Yes, that is the first thing I tried. but too slow for the task at hand.

An average operator is able to process about 1000+ images per shift with MODI.

And I can't automate it with imagemagick+ some bash script as it is
inherently a visual task -- meaning human intervention is required.

I am trying TIFF-->PDF and then PDFShuffler but that does not help me
crop a part (say signature/photo appearing at random location) and
insert it as a new page.

GS gives me reasonable filesize with -r300. but I somehow not prefer
tiff->pdf->tif route....

Gwenview/gthumb/ and other image handling apps just cant handle
multi-page tiff files.

--
Regards,

Rajagopal
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg 09-23-2012 06:11 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>> Tried GIMP?
>>
>
> Yes, that is the first thing I tried. but too slow for the task at hand.
>
> An average operator is able to process about 1000+ images per shift with MODI.
>
> And I can't automate it with imagemagick+ some bash script as it is
> inherently a visual task -- meaning human intervention is required.

have you tried "display", it's the imagemagick GUI.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Rajagopal Swaminathan 09-23-2012 06:26 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
Greetings,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
<Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg@imag.fr> wrote:
> have you tried "display", it's the imagemagick GUI.

Yes. It can only display. one cannot select pages and export/shuffle
them around.

Incidently I noticed that pdfedit buildlog is available but no rpm for Centos 6.
http://pkgs.repoforge.org/pdfedit/_buildlogs/pdfedit-0.4.1-1.el6.rf.x86_64.ko.log.gz

/ducks I know, I know "it is a repoforge issue" et. al. but this is my
kinda "home" list. where else will I go back crying when something
doesn't work?

--
Regards,

Rajagopal
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Nux! 09-23-2012 07:29 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
On 23.09.2012 19:26, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
> <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg@imag.fr> wrote:
>> have you tried "display", it's the imagemagick GUI.
>
> Yes. It can only display. one cannot select pages and export/shuffle
> them around.
>
> Incidently I noticed that pdfedit buildlog is available but no rpm
> for Centos 6.
>
> http://pkgs.repoforge.org/pdfedit/_buildlogs/pdfedit-0.4.1-1.el6.rf.x86_64.ko.log.gz
>
> /ducks I know, I know "it is a repoforge issue" et. al. but this is
> my
> kinda "home" list. where else will I go back crying when something
> doesn't work?

I have pdfedit in http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/

--
Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!

Nux!
www.nux.ro
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Rajagopal Swaminathan 09-23-2012 07:40 PM

Tiff image handling like MODI
 
Greetings,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> I have pdfedit in http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/
>

Found the rpm and Just installed it!.

Thanks for the great work!

Its late here (0110 hrs) gotta sleep now

--
Regards,

Rajagopal
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.