Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM
jiten jha

Default postfix login problem

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@uni-x.org>wrote:

> Am 20.09.2012 09:46, schrieb jiten jha:
> > Dear Friend,
> >
> > I have postfix mail server. I open my mail server and put my username =
> jha
> > and password= 123456 it is giving my error "*ERROR*Unknown user or
> password
> > incorrect."
> >
> > and In a log it is showing
> >
> > -- Sep 20 13:03:22 neumann dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login (auth
> failed,
> > 1 attempts): user=<jha>, method=PLAIN, rip=10.112.1.2, lip=192.168.1.2,
> > secured
> >
> > but When I put username = jha@XXX.ac.in so it is allow me to login in
> mail
> > server .
> >
> > Why it is taking full Domain Name .
>
> Because you have configured dovecot to act this way.
>
> > I want like gmail and yahoo when we open it they just ask for username
> and
> > password not full domain name.
> >
> > Please help me..
>
> Which part of the dovecot documentation regarding authentication is
> unclear to you?
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication
>
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Jitendra Jha
> > +91-7498370550
>
> Alexander

I am not getting your question.
--
Thanks & Regards
Jitendra Jha

Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 AM
John Doe

From: jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com>

>I have postfix mail server. I open my mail server
>-- Sep 20 13:03:22 neumann dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login

Maybe you should ask on the dovecot mailing list..

JD

Old 09-20-2012, 04:25 PM
jiten jha

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:46 PM, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com>
>
> >I have postfix mail server. I open my mail server
> >-- Sep 20 13:03:22 neumann dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login
>
> Maybe you should ask on the dovecot mailing list..
>
> JD

Thanks friend my problem solve now.

I have one question about mail server .

I have done postfix mail server installation and all configuration ,
restriction and filters .What should I have to do for my mail server so it
is full protect and working fine and fast.

--
Thanks & Regards
Jitendra Jha