-   -   Digi Acceleport Xem (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/703833-digi-acceleport-xem.html)

Sidney Abrahams 09-14-2012 03:14 PM

Digi Acceleport Xem

I am new to CentOS and have installed the dgap rpm for the mentioned 16
port board.
I turned on in Services dgap. However, when I reboot the system the ttys
disappear. Could it be that the udev rpm is not installed? When I run the
mpi install and load program, everything works. But a reboot deletes it
all! Help!

Leon Fauster 09-14-2012 04:12 PM

Digi Acceleport Xem

Am 14.09.2012 um 17:14 schrieb Sidney Abrahams:
> I am new to CentOS and have installed the dgap rpm for the mentioned 16
> port board.
> I turned on in Services dgap. However, when I reboot the system the ttys

how do you turn this on?

is there a init-script that must be "enabled" to start at boot time?

if not add your command here /etc/rc.d/rc.local

--
LF

Steve Clark 09-14-2012 05:27 PM

Digi Acceleport Xem

On 09/14/2012 11:14 AM, Sidney Abrahams wrote:
> I am new to CentOS and have installed the dgap rpm for the mentioned 16
> port board.
> I turned on in Services dgap. However, when I reboot the system the ttys
> disappear. Could it be that the udev rpm is not installed? When I run the
> mpi install and load program, everything works. But a reboot deletes it
> all! Help!

chkconfig service on

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*

Sidney Abrahams 09-14-2012 07:50 PM

Digi Acceleport Xem

Hi Leon,

I tried that and it worked, but the chkconfig -- add dgap did not.

Thanks,

Sidney

Warren Young 09-15-2012 12:13 AM

Digi Acceleport Xem

On 9/14/2012 1:50 PM, Sidney Abrahams wrote:

> I tried that and it worked, but the chkconfig -- add dgap did not.

You've added a space to the command, which breaks it. The command is:

chkconfig --add dgap

Sidney Abrahams 09-17-2012 02:24 PM

Digi Acceleport Xem

Hi Warren,

Thanks much it now loads correctly. But I still have two new problems which you may be able to help me with.

1. The OS is not recognizing the floppy drive which is an IDE one. If I put in an USB one it functions properly.

2. Then before I could work on that the system crashed showing only the Centos logo and a small circular image which normally rotates. I want to use grub to see what caused the crash? How can I do that?

Regards,

Sidney

Sent from my iPad2