Old 04-15-2008, 09:43 PM
"Eric B."

Default How to create static routes on startup withCentOS4?

"Filipe Brandenburger" <filbranden@gmail.com>
wrote in message
news:e814db780804151404m183575c7y7497d52cd4753a12@ mail.gmail.com...
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Eric B.
> <ebenze@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Am I missing something obvious somewhere? Or do you have a different
>> version of ifup-routes? I'm running CentOS4 with the latest patches....
>
> I'm running CentOS5 here, that's probably new in CentOS5.
>
> You may consider appending the last 15 lines of ifup-routes from
> CentOS5 to your CentOS4 installation. It's not that beautiful but it's
> not that ugly either. At least it's forward compatible in a way that
> if you upgrade to CentOS5 later it will continue working. I'm sending
> the file attached to you in case you want to do it.

Awesome! That's perfect! I had kinda figured that might be what the
difference was.

Thanks so much. Will definitely update my ifup-routes script with this.

Eric